Mintphoto is a photo gallery script that reads captions from EXIF comments rather than use a database. A web interface for selecting and captioning photos is included. Keyboard shortcuts are implemented for quick navigation. The script is implemented in PHP.
- Mintphoto is a PHP web application. You must enable support for PHP in your webserver (mod_php, CGI, etc.)
- The php-exif module for PHP is required. This is probably a package in your OS.
- mod_rewrite is required for the administration interface.
- Check out the Git repository for the latest code.
- Copy the code to your web directory.
- Configure new photo galleries by creating new files in the
- After creating a new gallery, use the
thumbifyscript to generate the thumbnails.
- Make sure that you've configured your
.htaccessfile to correctly restrict access to the administration interface.
- To enable the administration interface, your photos and the directory containing them must be writable by the web server.
- To view a photo gallery go to
<mintphoto>being the path you installed the program to. The administration interface is at
- To show a photo gallery in the index on the front page edit the index config file.
- Implemented by modifying the stylesheet. See